Singapore’s obesity rate is rising, 30% of us are overweight and 10% of us are obese.
Should you be worried?
With development, lifestyle has changed and people’s lives have become stationary. In this situation, weight gain happens unknowingly.
To counter this, people end up trying new diets with lots of restrictions. But they can instead try natural remedies for weight loss.
Weight loss might be the main goal for all overweight or obese individuals, but it is also important to get balanced nutrition from the diet. Most weight-loss diets completely cut off fats and carbohydrates from your daily meal. Limiting these nutrients is essential, whereas completely avoiding them can harm your normal body functioning.
So, which diet needs to be followed? What home remedies can keep weight in check? What are the best supplements for weight loss? Read on to find the answers –
Know Your BMI
The body mass index or BMI of a person is their height to weight ratio. The ideal BMI of a person is between 18.5 and 25.9. You can calculate it by dividing your weight in Kg by the square of your height in meters.
If You Have A Higher BMI, Try These Home Remedies For Weight Loss
1. Eat Protein-Rich Diet – Consuming pulses, sprouts, eggs, most dairy products, and green vegetables that are high in protein can keep you full for a longer time and boosts your metabolism. It is one of the best ways to lose weight naturally.
2. Avoid Processed Foods and Sugar – Processed foods such as white bread, white pasta, chocolates, biscuits, etc. have fewer nutrients and are high in sugar and calorie content. They should be either consumed in smaller quantities or completely removed from your diet.
3. Power of spices – Spices used in Indian foods such as Methi seeds (fenugreek seeds), Carom seeds (ajwain), and Black cumin seeds (kali jeera) are great for fat loss around the belly and can aid in reducing the overall weight.
you can dry roast them all together and grind this mixture into a fine powder. Add this powder to a glass of water and drink it once daily.
4. Go for Whole grain foods – Grains provide the maximum benefit when consumed in their whole form. Refined grains or refined flours are quite harmful and will increase your body weight. Whole Grain flour (Atta) is also beneficial since it contains a great deal of fiber that aids in the proper digestion and regulation of the bowel system.
5. Try Low–Impact Exercises – Exercises like aerobics, walking, and Zumba have a low impact on your joints and are also effective in keeping the metabolism rate of the body up and burning calories faster. Your body needs to adjust to the schedule and pace of the exercise. So, it is better to start slowly and improve your time and speed of exercising, gradually.
6. Consume yoghurt – Yoghurt is a common ingredient in the kitchen, which is beneficial in its unsweetened and unflavoured condition. Yogurt is derived from milk when it undergoes fermentation. As such, it includes all of the beneficial properties of regular milk, while excluding the excess fat. It also promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria and makes you feel full, without adding to the calories that you have consumed that day.
7. Natural Weight Loss Supplements – There are various weight loss supplements available in the market such as Chitosan, Chromium Picolinate, Glucomannan, Guar Gum, and Bitter orange. But most of them lack proper evidence and have potential side effects. Green coffee extract is one of the natural weight loss supplements that may lead to modest weight loss with fewer side effects.
Green coffee also offers extended health benefits apart from weight loss. Gain the incredible incentives of this healthy green goodness by consuming the GRECOBE – 100% pure green coffee bean extract with losing some weight.
GRECOBE is the best green coffee available in Singapore as an instant sachet with full of health and happiness. Each sachet contains 500mg of tasty, pure green coffee beans extract powder, which is easily soluble in water.